Skip to content
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup milk
- four eggs
- 1 tbsp sugar (or more or less depending on taste)
- 4-5 tsp butter
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- handful of raisins
- some rum
- a pinch of salt
- powdered sugar
- plum sauce (or peach, apples etc.)
- Soak raisins in rum. Separate egg yolk and white, mix sugar and egg yolks and beat until it turns a pale yellow. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Add about two tsp of melted butter (optional). Add flour and milk bit by bit, keep stirring into a smooth batter. Add a pinch of salt to the egg white and beat until stiff. Carefully mix whites with mixture.
- Melt remaining butter in a large pan and pour batter into the pan. Sprinkle with rum-soaked raisins (they will sink into the batter a bit, which is perfect). Keep on medium heat until bottom is well baked, divide into quarters and flip each separately in the pan. Bake for a short while and then divide into coarse chunks. Flip and bake a little more.
- Serve on plates and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with fruit sauce.