Skip to content
- 2 cup white flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 12 tsp chilled butter
- ½ cup shaken buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp milk
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in butter until there are a bunch of pea-sized balls.
- Mix buttermilk and one egg in a separate bowl and beat lightly.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour until just moistened.
- Mix cheese with a small handful of flour, then add it to the dough.
- Mix in cheese, then knead until uniform.
- Roll out on a sheet, cut into 12 pieces. Shape into biscuits.
- Make an egg wash with remaining egg and milk and brush on.
- Bake for 20-25 min at 425 F.